Who are we?
Neocles is a fast-growing software company specialised in the automation of B2B sales processes. The Neocles platform makes it easy for sports & fashion retailers to place their orders with their suppliers. Indeed, several global brands such as Puma, Ecco, Bestseller and Brooks Running use our services. These customers trust us to digitise and run their sales operations.
We’re a technology-driven team that tries to adhere to high standards and hold ourselves accountable in achieving this. We enjoy solving difficult problems and are continuously seeking parts of our clients’ business processes that we can improve through technology and data. We keep our team tight and move really fast, which requires that every member takes ownership and has a direct influence on the outcome. If you want to contribute to the team and want to see and feel the real-life impact of your work, you’ll find that working for Neocles will be an exciting next step in your professional career.
What you’ll do
- Be a formative member of the newly created and cross-functional Data-Assisted Business team to support our users with effective decision-making and risk management working closely with our leadership team and Product Owners
- Develop and execute a scalable data strategy, including architecture and classification and privacy
- Build the data pipelines required for high quality data extraction, transformation, and loading from a wide variety of data sources, including client ERP’s and third parties, using cloud-native big data services from Azure
- Deploy analytics tooling that to provide actionable insights into customer usage, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
- Work with stakeholders including the Reporting Analysts to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data (infrastructure) needs
- Deliver a continuous flow of value with innovative analytical solutions within our Sprints
- Strong analytic skills related to working with datasets, preferably a university degree in Mathematics or Software Engineering
- Minimum 2 years of experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- A successful history of loading, manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets using ETL
- Advanced knowledge of query languages like SQL or HQL and working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Preferred working knowledge of stream processing
- Experience with non-relational & relational databases like Postgres, RedShift, Cassandra, Data Explorer, etc.
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Groovy) or programming languages (C#, Java, Go)
- Familiarity with Azure data technologies and services
What we offer
We work from a brand new, state of the art office right in the centre of Amsterdam (Kalverstraat). We share the office block exclusively with Fashion Tech companies and we are part of the largest Fashion Tech consortium in the world. On top of that, we have a lot of social events, an annual work camp and healthy breakfasts and lunches are awaiting you daily.
- Budget for continuous learning and personal development
- 25 vacation days
- Pension plan
- International environment with global clients
- Freedom to make a difference
Not sure yet?
Want to get to know us first in a more informal way, before applying? Let’s schedule a video call or just drop by our office for a coffee to experience the product and our great team. We are always excited to talk about our work and culture!